Rottingdean Village Football Club
Rule 1 Title
- This group of teams formed for the purpose of playing association football shall be called Rottingdean Village Football Club (the “Club”).
- The purpose of the Club shall be to provide football facilities across all age groups and to provide social activities for its members.
- The Club will run a number of adult and youth teams each of which will be affiliated to and comply with the rules of the Sussex County Football Association Limited and the relevant league competition for each team.
Rule 2 Club Rules
These rules form a binding agreement between each member of the Club.
Members of the Club shall use their best endeavours to ensure that they and others conduct themselves so that the business and affairs of the Club are carried out in accordance with the rules and regulations of the relevant football authorities.
These rules will be reviewed annually and any changes ratified at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Rule 3 Membership
A member is any person whose subscriptions or fees are fully paid and is:
- Any appointed officer, coach or committee member
- Any adult registered as a player
- Any person under the age of 18 who is registered as a player
- Any parent or guardian of (c) above
A Voting member is any person in category (a), (b) or (d) above, however as regards category (d) members, only 1 parent or guardian may vote on behalf of a member who is under the age of 18.
Membership shall cease if a member resigns or their subscriptions are in arrears.
The executive committee may expel a member at their discretion if, in its reasonable opinion, it will not be in the interests of the Club for the individual to remain as a member.
Rule 4 Management
- The Executive Committee will comprise of the chairperson, general secretary, treasurer and any other person appointed by them. They will be responsible for all the affairs of the Club. Each member of the executive committee shall stand for re-election at each AGM. It shall meet as and when required. For a meeting of the executive committee to be valid, a quorum of three is required.
- The Executive Committee will elect from their number a vice-chairperson.
- The Management Committee shall be appointed by the executive committee and be comprised of the 1) Chairperson 2) General Secretary 3) Youth Secretary 4) Treasurer 5) Minutes Secretary 6) Welfare Officer 7) Youth head coach 8) Adult head coach and any other person appointed by the executive committee. This committee shall be concerned with playing matters, fund raising, social events and any other relevant business. It shall meet as and when required. For a meeting of the management committee to be valid, a quorum of four is required.
- No person may hold more than one position on the executive committee or two positions on the management committee.
- An annual general meeting will be held in the summer of each year, the purpose of which is to:
- Receive a report of the activities of the Club over the previous year
- Receive a report of the Club’s finances over the previous year
- Elect members of the Executive Committee
- Consider any other business
Nominations for any officer’s post must be made in writing to the Club Chairperson not later than seven days before the date of this meeting.
All members will be invited to attend by notice given through electronic media, as determined by the Executive Committee. A minimum of fourteen days’ notice shall be given.
The quorum for the AGM shall be six members in attendance in person or by proxy.
- An Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) may be called at any time by the Executive Committee and shall be called within 14 days of receipt by the Club Secretary of a requisition in writing, signed by not less than ten voting members stating the purpose for which the meeting is required and the resolutions required. All members shall be given notice of the EGM by electronic media, as determined by the Executive Committee.
- (a) A resolution to dissolve the Club shall only be proposed at a General Meeting and shall be carried by a majority of at least three-quarters of the voting members present in person or by proxy
(b) The dissolution shall take effect from the date of the resolution and the members of the Executive Committee shall be responsible for the winding up of the assets and liabilities of the Club.
(c) Any surplus assets remaining after the discharge of the debts and liabilities of the Club shall be transferred to another Club, a Competition, the Parent County Association or the FA for use by them for related community sports.
- Any vacancy on the Executive Committee which arises between AGM’s shall be filled by a member proposed by one and seconded by another member of the Executive Committee.
- The position of a member of the Executive or Management Committee shall be vacated if that person is subject to a decision of the FA that such person be suspended from holding office or from taking part in any football activity relating to the administration or management of a football club.
Rule 5 Finance
- The financial year will run from the 1st July to 30th June the next year. The accounts will be produced annually and reviewed by two members of the Executive Committee (excluding the Treasurer) and presented at the annual general meeting.
- All members will pay fees as determined by the Executive Committee and set at a level that will not pose a significant obstacle to community participation.
- Any player who is required to pay match fees must pay their fees before the match. All substitutes will be expected to reimburse the player they replace with a percentage of that fee. Any player not paying their match fee will not be allowed to play.
- Any player who is required to pay by annual subscription must make payment before the season starts.
Members will not be allowed to play in matches if the subscription is not paid.
- Fees will not be repayable save at the discretion of the Executive committee.
- A bank account shall be opened and maintained in the name of the Club (the “Club Account”). The account shall be operated by the Treasurer and Secretary. All monies payable to the Club shall be received by the Treasurer and deposited in the Club Account.
- The Club Property shall be applied only in furtherance of the objects of the Club. The distribution of profits or proceedings arising from the sale of Club Property to members is prohibited.
- The Club Committee shall have the power to authorise the payment of remuneration and expenses to any member of the Club (although a Club shall not remunerate a member for playing) and to any other person or persons for services rendered to the Club.
- The Club may provide sporting and related social facilities, sporting equipment, coaching, courses, insurance cover, medical treatment, away match expenses, post-match refreshments and other ordinary benefits of Community Amateur Sports Clubs as provided for in the Finance Act 2002.
- The Club may also in connection with the sports purposes of the Club:
- sell and supply food, drink and related sports clothing and equipment;
- employ members (although not for playing) and remunerate them for providing goods and services, on fair terms set by the Club Committee without the person concerned being present;
- pay for reasonable hospitality for visiting teams and guests; and
- indemnify the Club Committee and members acting properly in the course of the running of the Club against any liability incurred in the proper running of the Club (but only to the extent of its assets).
- The Club shall keep accounting records for recording the fact and nature of all payments and receipts so as to disclose, with reasonable accuracy, at any time, the financial position, including the assets and liabilities of the Club. The Club must retain its accounting records for a minimum of six (6) years.
- The Treasurer shall provide to the Executive Committee members at the end of each quarter a copy of the most recent bank statement.
Rule 6 Playing Matters
- All player’s youth and adult must complete a relevant league registration form each season and produce two recent photographs before they play in any league matches.
- All new members (must confirm they have read the club constitution and code of conduct on our website www.rottingdeanvillagefc.co.uk. These documents must be adhered to at all times.
- Team selection will be the responsibility of team managers. Only registered players must be selected for league matches as per rule 4A.
- All selected players and substitutes must be at the ground one hour before kick off.
- All playing members and club officials will conform to the rules of their relevant league.
- All playing members and club officials will be expected to conform to procedures and requests by league officials at any league or cup match.
- All playing members and club officials are expected to be courteous to match officials, opposing players and spectators before, during and after the match and conform to the laws of the game. Any persistent misconduct will be severely dealt with by the disciplinary committee.
- All players receiving cautions (yellow card) from the referee must be paid within 21 days of that caution being received from the SCFA Ltd. All players being sent off from the field of play (red card) by the referee and subsequently banned must pay the fine incurred within the suspension period. Failure to do so will result in the player being banned until payment has been received. Players receiving a caution for dissent (C2) will be charged an extra £5.
Rule 7 Grievances and Discipline
- Any member can place a grievance with any officer or team manager, with a view to finding a satisfactory solution. If this is not possible then rule 5B will be applied.
- Any grievance, breach of club rules or code of conduct will be dealt with by the disciplinary committee. This committee will consist of a minimum of two Executive Committee members, from which a chairperson is selected and where appropriate, a maximum of two team managers. All of whom should not have had any involvement in the matter that is the subject of the hearing. The member or members charged will be called to the meeting to give evidence on their behalf. The decision of this committee will be final.
Rule 6 General
- The club follows the Football Association’s safeguarding children policy, procedures and practices. A club welfare officer and assistants are appointed and will attend the Football Association’s safeguarding children and welfare officer workshop. All coaches in close contact with children must be CRC checked by our welfare officer.
- The club operates an anti-discrimination and equal opportunities policy.
- The club is covered by public liability insurance.
- Any amendments to the constitution or the code of conduct must be submitted in writing to the general secretary of the club by the 1st June.
- All members will be expected to support club functions and fund raising events organised by the club.
- All kit and equipment remains the property of the club and must be returned by members to the Club when their membership ends.
- The executive committee will decide on any matters not covered by this constitution or the code of conduct.